Invictus

Daily English

Invictus

永不屈服

  • by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
透过覆盖我的夜色
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
我看见黑暗层层叠叠
I thank whatever gods may be,
感谢上帝赐予我
for my unconquerable soul.
不可征服的灵魂

In the fell clutch of circumstance,
就算被地狱紧紧拽住
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我也从未退避哀求
Under the bludgeonings of chance,
任凭命运百般作弄
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
我满头鲜血,却头颅昂起

Beyond this place of wrath and tears,
在这充满悲愤的土地外
Looms but the Horror of the shade.
恐怖幽灵步步已趋
And yet the menace of the years,
纵使面对未来的威胁
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
你会发现,我无所畏惧

It matters not how strait the gate,
无论命运之门多么狭窄
How charged with punishments the scroll,
也无论承受怎样的惩罚
I am the master of my fate,
我,是我命运的主宰
I am the captain of my soul.
我,是我灵魂的统帅


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *